“The consumer has demonstrated a very high capacity to try and use multiple brands and that tendency seems to be growing over time.”
“A recent poll found that the number of people who would rather reach for their smart phones for a quick check on a product’s reputation or price comparison rather than ask the salesperson has reached 58 percent.”
“Most purchases are planned — the buyer now goes in knowing what she wants at least 70 percent of the time.”
This DIY research boosts buying confidence and helps match product expectations with reality.
– The Way We Buy Beauty Now
How do we improve a cosmetic retail experience while educating the user on their needs and the products available?
- How can we personalize the process of buying cosmetic products?
- How can we open consumers up to all of the products out there?
- How can we bring product recommendations into the home?
- How can we design a process that takes intimidation out of the cosmetic shopping experience?